Friday, February 1, 2008

Love and Career

Why is it that I can’t have both? Yes, I am happy with my love life right now very much happy. But I’m not happy with my career. Before I graduated college, I told myself that when I reach the age of 25 I will be a successful businesswoman or a salesperson. That’s why when I graduated college I got a job immediately. I worked in a credit company and after a year I worked as a territory sales manager in a pharmaceutical company. But I was based in Cebu. Yes, I am happy with my life in Cebu. My career was on peak, I have my own pad, car, and money. I can do anything, from partying, shopping, and traveling anywhere with friends. I enjoyed a lot being single. But there’s something missing, LOVE. I was 24 years old that time, and I realized that “yes” I had a good career, but it’s time for me to love someone special. But of course I’m not looking for someone that time, it just happened that I went home to Iloilo for a vacation and I met someone by accident. Our relationship at first was on the rock. Why? Because I was in Cebu and he was in Iloilo, quite far. We communicate only through phone calls or text messages. It was hard, our relationship was on and off. So I decided to give up my career. I went back to Iloilo and I worked in a call center. Honestly, it was a good choice to give up my career coz now we are engaged and we just celebrated our 3rd year anniversary. After leaving Cebu I worked in a call center until now, but I’m not happy. Honestly, I was so disappointed with my job right now. But I don’t have any choice, it’s either I have to leave and pursue my career that I want or giving up my fiancé`. My fiancé` doesn’t want me to work somewhere, only in Iloilo. Honestly, I pity myself right now. If only I have an option.

It’s already 2008, and I’m turning 27 this March. At the age of 27, I was not able to reach my goal yet. I’m happy with my love life but not happy with my career. Good thing that the mom of my fiancé` offered a place for me to do business. I’m planning to resign from my work soon, and start up my own business. I just keep my fingers crossed that this time, I hope that I will be successful with the path I chose. I know it’s not too late. I hope! I hope! I hope!

No comments: